Reporting to the Major Gifts Officer, the Annual Giving Manager will focus on acquisition, retention, and upgrade strategies for annual donors who give less than $1,000 and is responsible for all aspects of the annual fund including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. This is a 40 hour a week position.
- Manages direct response fundraising, with a heavy focus on acquisition
- Leads tours and other events for the cultivation of mid-level donors
- Provides campaign support for legacy giving initiatives
- Plans and leads Grandes Sueños event including donor strategy with support from Chief Advancement Officer and Major Gift Officer
- Serves as lead with Major Gift Officer on direct-response campaigns, must work collaboratively with the advancement associate to ensure donors are placed in the correct segment
- Cultivating, solicitation, and stewarding annual gift donors
- Developing a plan to maximize giving potential while also increasing participation rates among specific constituencies
- Working with the CAO/MGO to identify those annual donors who have the capacity to become a major gift prospect
- Establishing a (non-board) volunteer team to make thank-you calls and write thank you notes. Also trains and direct supervision of these volunteers
- Developing and managing the Annual Fund calendar and solicitation sequence
- Providing donor information to volunteers and staff who have personal solicitation assignments
- Segmenting donors to create the appropriate systems and methods for cultivation and solicitation for mid-level and low-level donors.
- Work with the advancement associate to track all annual fund activities, gift entries and the creation of reports
- Create acknowledgement process and stewardship strategy by implementing a comprehensive donor relations program including pledge payments to annual giving
- Notify the CAO of any pledges toward the annual fund and enter the database.
- Evaluate innovate and cost-effective ways to cultivate and solicit donors for the annual fund
- Establish recognition levels for donors at all levels.
Required Qualifications & Competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Advancement
- The ability to articulate the mission of vision of CltBP, the goals of the expansion effort, and the win-win for site partners and the broader community
- Familiarity with research, data, databases and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information and to solve problems, think and plan strategically
- The ability to work efficiently with flexibility, enthusiasm, and diplomacy
- Demonstrated professionalism and good judgement
- The ability to work independently
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and SharePoint/Teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience using communications via digital platforms
- The ability to speak one-on-one and to large groups to move them to action
- Clear, precise communication skills and ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills
- Bilingual – Spanish/English with proficiency in reading and writing in both languages preferred
- Demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity
- Passionate about early childhood education, economic mobility, and immigrant communities
This is a full-time exempt position. Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000. Direct all inquiries, nominations, and applications to email@example.com with subject line “Annual Giving Manager.” To be considered, you must include a resume and a compelling one-page cover letter explaining your interest and why you are a good fit for the role. Please indicate where you learned of the opportunity.
As an equal opportunity employer, Charlotte Bilingual Preschool is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.