Position: Home Based Child Care Network Coordinator
Organization: Charlotte Bilingual Preschool
Location: 6300 Highland Ave, Charlotte, NC 28215
Reports To: Expansion Director
To prepare Spanish-speaking children for success in school and life by providing superior dual language, multi-cultural early childhood education.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg is a place where differences in language and culture are mutually enriching, and all children have greater access to advantage and opportunity.
Charlotte Bilingual Preschool (CltBP) is developing the model of culturally appropriate, dual language early childhood education for Latinx children and their families in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, and our nation. We bring our many programs into the service of meeting our mission. Our two-generation model:
- Provides 3- and 4-year-old Spanish-speaking children with superior dual language, multi-cultural preschool instruction in the only 5-star licensed dual language preschool program in North Carolina
- Helps families build literacy and kindergarten-readiness skills for their children from infancy to 5-years-old
- Offers family members the resources they want to become active participants in their children’s early childhood development
- Trains the next generation of professionally certified dual-language early childhood educators
- Expands our reach by building a decentralized dual language early education delivery system to replicate with partner sites and maximize our impact
- Advocates state- and nationwide for our early-childhood education model, our children, and their families. We provide family members and supporters the tools they want to voice their views to policymakers and remove the systemic barriers that have historically prevented them from thriving.
Building on this momentum, CltBP’s board of directors approved a game-changing strategic plan in early 2020 that includes dramatic expansion over the next ten years, growing its impact to meet the needs of ten times as many children and their families annually. This plan calls for expanding reach through partnerships with other preschools, evolving the current preschool into a full-day early learning center, and developing a dual language early learning workforce.
Reporting to the Expansion Director, the Home-Based Child-Care Network Coordinator will create an actionable plan for the Home-Based Child Care Network program implementation based on best practices, incorporating regular evaluation to ensure program effectiveness and partner with institutions of higher learning and other educational opportunities.
- Designs Home Based Child Care Network, based on participant perspectives, needs and preferences, as well as CltBP’s long- and short-term strategic plan to ensure CltBP can meet our goal of serving 1,500 Latinx children by 2030.
- Creates an actionable plan for the Home Based Child Care Network program implementation based on best practices, incorporating regular evaluation and to ensure program effectiveness using the structure of planning with the Home Based Child Care Network participants.
- Partners with institutions of higher learning and other educational opportunities as appropriate to ensure training is offered as needed and reduce barriers to educational success for current and future participants
- Implements CltBP’s ECE Bilingual educational model to train new home based early educators on best practices for dual language learners
- Recruits, trains, and supervises the Home Based Child Care Network participants, ensuring professional development and small business opportunities are provided
- Ensures compliance with program grant funding and associated reporting requirements
- Ensures program data is collected and analyzed for continuous program improvement
- Creates, promotes, and manages partnerships with external agencies, positively representing CltBP in the community
- Manages and meets program budget
- Advocates with partners to reduce barriers to educational success for current and future program participants
- Ensure all Home Based Child Care Network participants meet licensing requirements as defined by NCDHHS.
Required Qualifications & Competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience successfully operating a home based child care center.
- The ability to articulate the mission of vision of CltBP, the goals of the Home Based Child Care Network, and the win-win for program partners and the broader community
- Familiarity with research, data, databases, best practices, and successful models for dual-language early learning
- The ability to work efficiently with flexibility, enthusiasm, and diplomacy
- Demonstrated professionalism and good judgement
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to drive between Home Based Child Care Centers within the Network and CltBP
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and SharePoint/Teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience using communications via digital platforms
- Clear, precise communication skills and ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills
- Bilingual – Spanish/English with proficiency in reading and writing in both languages required
- Demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity
- Passionate about early childhood education, economic mobility, and immigrant communities
- Able to supply references from families who have participated in your home based child care home
This is a full-time exempt position. Salary Range: $70-80K Direct all inquiries, nominations, and applications to email@example.com with subject line “Home Based Child Care Network Coordinator.” To be considered, you must include a resume and a compelling one-page cover letter explaining your interest and why you are a good fit for the role. Please indicate where you learned of the opportunity.