Reporting to the Principal, the Substitute Preschool Teacher supports the Teaching Team in implementing the daily routine, maintains supervision of students at all times, and adheres to sanitation and licensing regulations.
- Assists and supports in providing appropriate learning experiences and activities both in and outside of the classroom.
- Becomes familiar with written lesson plan format, daily schedule, method for recording attendance, and daily duties.
- Supports the classroom teacher by supervising students, following sanitation and licensing regulations, and providing developmentally appropriate interactions with students.
- Assists in maintaining standards of student behavior.
- Supports maintaining a clean and orderly learning environment to ensure the safety of the children.
- Maintains a cooperative attitude with team members, volunteers, and visitors.
- Encourages family participation and welcomes volunteers.
- Supports the implementation of best practices in dual language education.
- Incorporates cultural, linguistic, and familial values and beliefs into the classroom culture and lesson plans.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing open communication with families, therapists, and the Family Educators regarding each child’s needs.
- Applies best practices and participates in professional development and life-long learning opportunities to remain a reflective practitioner.
Qualifications & Competencies
- High School Diploma with some coursework in early childhood; Associates Degree preferred
- At least one year of experience working with preschool-age children
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with children
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently within a team
- Demonstrated computer skills, organizational skills, and commitment to follow through on tasks with a minimum of supervision
- Respect sensitivity to the Latin American culture and community
- Bilingual and bicultural English/Spanish with proficient fluency in oral and written communication in both languages
- Life-long learner who seeks out professional development
- Displays a positive attitude of compassion and collaboration
- Flexible and reliable
This is an on-call position. Salary Range: $15/hour. Please follow this link to apply.